210 NW 145th St,
Seattle, Washington 98177-3999
The Seattle Golf Club was established on August 8, 1900 with a founding membership of 53 gentlemen and the purpose to "facilitate and encourage the development of the noble game of golf". At the time, the Seattle Golf Club was cradled in a cow pasture north of Gasworks Park on the east side of what is now Stone Way. There were no roads into what was a remote part of the city and so in order to golf, members drove to Lake Union so they could boat across the water to get to a dirt trail north that lead to the golf course.