200 Country Club Dr,
Blowing Rock, North Carolina 28605-9218
In 1939, an enthusiastic group of about 60 “cottagers” convened to receive the recommendations of a committee for the organization of a private country club in Blowing Rock. The committee recommended the construction of a clubhouse, swimming pool, tennis courts, and a separate building for golf quarters. The golf course already in play was known as the Green Park Norwood Golf Course.
In 1940, the ground-breaking ceremonies for the newly formed Blowing Rock Country Club were held and construction of the three-floored clubhouse was completed 182 days later. A grand affair was held on July 4th, 1941 marking the formal opening day of the club.
For the next thirty-three years, thousands upon thousands of memorable events took place at the Country Club. Hundreds of world famous Metropolitan Opera stars appeared to benefit the Blowing Rock Hospital and First Lady, Mrs. Woodrow Wilson, was honored at a tea here in 1947.
Interested in memberships at this golf course? Click here.
Host your next golf outing at Blowing Rock Country Club.