603 Park Ave SE,
Pierz, Minnesota 56364
To build a sewage plant or a golf course was the question Pierz had to answer during the 1930's while the United States was in the throes of the Great Depression. The town fathers opted for the golf course and the outstanding Pierz Golf Club is the result.
Today this remarkable nine-hole course is one of the scenic marvels built by 75 men who worked for the Works Progress Administration (WPA) from 1932-1935. In one of the few remaining nine-hole layouts in Central Minnesota, the mature Pierz Golf Club is an aesthetic masterpiece.
The two par-three holes are the course's heart and soul. The finest is the fourth, a 166-yard par three with a slow-moving stream that fronts the tee and an undulating green that can be devilish to putt if one is above the cup.