1101 Stevenson Ln,
Towson, Maryland 21286-7300
The Country Club of Maryland was founded in 1923 as The Rodgers Forge County Club, Inc. and commissioned nationally acclaimed golf architect Herbert Strong to lay out the course over 164 acres of land known as Stevenson Farm. The course was built during the golden age of architecture and remains as one of the few courses in the Mid-Atlantic area from that era. The golf course was completed in 1925 and featured a layout of gentle rolling terrain highlighted by streams, small ponds and natural woodlands. The course measured 6,304 yards, the longest in the area at the time and played to a par 71.