11500 Mays Chapel Rd,
Lutherville Timonium, Maryland 21093-1818
Baltimore Country Club was founded on January 12, 1898 at its Roland Park Location. The Club was a success from the start, with 600 members enjoying its 150-acre facility less than five miles from downtown Baltimore. Just one year after opening, the Club gained immediate recognition in the golf world by hosting the fifth United States Open Championship, which was won by Willie Smith of Scotland. By the 1920s the decision was made to acquire land to the north of the city and expand the popular golfing amenities to a second location. The East Course at Five Farms, designed by A. W. Tillinghast, officially opened in September of 1926 and was instantly recognized as a masterpiece of golf course architecture.