5135 Forest Hills Rd,
Rockford, Illinois 61114-5998
Forest Hills Country Club has had two locations and three names since its original promoters purchased a tract of land 5 miles south of Rockford in 1920 and started Motor Heights Golf Club. During a snowstorm in the winter of 1920-1921 the Joel Johnson farm was purchased, and the 40 Club promoters incorporated Harlem Hills Country Club on March 5, 1921. The present Clubhouse was built in 1925 by the construction firm of Schmeling and Broitzman at the cost of $58,000. During the depression of 1933 the Club was lost to the bondholders. It was bought back at .50 cents on the dollar in 1934 and incorporated as Forest Hills Country Club.