7390 NW Beaver Dr,
Johnston, Iowa 50131-1922
The Hyperion Club was organized as a social club on January 25, 1900. The site for the Hyperion golf course was selected in 1907 and opened in 1910.
In the ensuing years, as club membership increased, the clubhouse was remodeled and improved several times. Then in 1972, the structure was razed and the present facility was built.
In Greek mythology, Hyperion was one of the Titans, the powerful gods of the ancient Greeks. Among Hyperion's duties was to lead the sun across the sky in his chariot. The Hyperion logo, a chariot super-imposed on a blazing sun, is symbolic of the god, Hyperion.