806 Farmington Ave,
Farmington, Connecticut 06032-2358
Country Club of Farmington, is a Private, 18 hole golf course located in Farmington, Connecticut.
The course dates back to the 1890's. About 1895 a nine hole course was laid out entirely east of Waterville Road. Within a half dozen years it was replaced by a nine hole course designed by Arthur H. Fenn. Mr. Fenn's layout placed two greens west of Waterville Road and required a drive over the road.
In 1924 an eighteen hole course designed by Devereaux Emmet was opened. Over the decades many changes have been made but the course continues to reflect much of Mr. Emmet's design. In 1957, about the time the Putting Green came into existence, the Practice Range was placed into operation. Five years later golf carts made an appearance. The first watering system, composed of sprinklers driven by water power, slowly crawled across the fairways adding a new hazard. In 1966 an irrigation system supplied by underground pipes came into use. More improvements continued to be made. Nineteen ninety eight and 1999 saw the rebuilding of the second and eighteenth greens, major improvements to the fourth and twelfth holes and the construction on masonry bridges over the streams that cross the fairways. Today's golfers enjoy a splendid course, which results from the unabated effort of the membership since the club's founding in 1892.
Interested in memberships at this golf course? Click here.
Host your next golf outing at Country Club of Farmington.