352 Country Club Dr,
Fortuna, California 95540-9212
In early 1929, a few local businessmen discussed the feasibility of a golf course in the area. In June of 1930 the Redwood Empire Golf and Country Club was open for play. The course featured nine holes designed by architect Donald MacPherson. Due to economic hardship and the inability of the Club to repay a $9,000 loan from the Fortuna State Bank, The Redwood Empire Golf and Country Club entered into bankruptcy and closed in 1936.